Balsamic Mustard Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (each cut in half long way)
- 2 Tbsp Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced (or chopped) garlic (or 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic from a jar)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse off your chicken breasts and place them on a cutting board. Season both sides with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place them in a Ziploc bag. Add the balsamic dressing, extra virgin olive oil, spicy brown mustard and garlic. Zip up the bag and massage the chicken in the bag to ensure it all gets coated nicely.
- Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for as long as you want (the longer the better).
Cooking the chicken
- Place a medium-sized sauce pan on medium high heat and let the pan get nice and hot.
- Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the pan. Place your chicken breast in the pan and brown on both sides.
- Once you have browned both sides, reduce heat to medium, add in some of the marinade juices, cover with a lid and let the juices reduce down in the pan with the chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is fully cooked. You can flip the chicken one more time if you would like.
Verdict: Very yummy! Messy to cook, and a little hard to tell when the chicken is done, but that's just a matter of practice.
Recipe from here