Garlic Roasted Chicken Breast
Makes 2 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
- 2 raw boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb total weight)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking dish with foil and spray it with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Spray both sides of each chicken breast half with olive oil spray and sprinkle with the seasonings. Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip to the other side, lightly spray again and bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork (it’s fine to make a small slit in the thickest part and see if it’s done!).
NOTE: Sometimes you'll get really large chicken breasts at the store – total weight 2 pounds – in this case baking them 15 minutes on each side is just right. Of course, the best way to make sure they are done is to use an instant-read thermometer. It should read 165°F when inserted into the thickest part.
- Transfer to a platter. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Verdict: Quite good.
Recipe from here