Seasoned Oven-Roasted Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (I used Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb and Ideal Salt)
- 1 tsp garlic pepper blend (Again, I used Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb)
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with parsley, seasoned salt, garlic pepper and basil. Place in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 35 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Cool chicken 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into desired size pieces for recipes calling for cooked chicken. Wrap tightly and refrigerate up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Verdict: Flavor: good. Texture: ... a little strange. Sort of ... chewy on the outside. ETA: I had a weird reaction, and I think it was to the Mrs. Dash. I'll have to try this again another time using salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Recipe from here