Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (omit for P1)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (omit for P1)
- 1 egg or egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- olive oil
- Pizza sauce, shredded cheese (omit for P1) and your choice of toppings.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Chop the cauliflower florets into chunks and steam them in a steamer or on the stove until slightly soft (~15 minutes.) Place in a ricer or grate. Note: One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prepare your baking stone or sheet by covering it with parchment paper and spreading a small amount of olive oil on top of it.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and cheese. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the baking stone or sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, favorite toppings and cheese (optional).
- Place under a broiler at high heat for 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Verdict: OM NOM. But takes a bit of practice to get right, apparently. Also, don't over-beat the eggs.
Recipe from here