Roasted Red Pepper "Salsa"
- 3 Red Bell Peppers (or you can use jarred)
- 3 Poblano Peppers
- 0-4 Jalapenos Peppers (depending on your heat level)
- 4-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- MSG-free Fajita Seasoning
- Optional: Tomatoes (Restricted Veggie, 2x/week)
- Cut the Poblano & Bell Peppers in half, clean out seeds & membranes, place cut side down on a cookie sheet & spray with EVOO along with the garlic cloves (w/the skins on - they roast inside the shell).
- Roast in the oven at 500 degrees ~8 minutes until the skins start to blacken and bubble - watch carefully.
- Remove from the oven and peel off the black skin & shell the roasted garlic
- In a blender add the roasted peppers & garlic, deseeded/demembraned jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, and fajita seasoning to taste and puree. You can also add 2 stalks of raw celery to the puree for 'structure'
- The cilantro and jalapenos really kick up the flavor!
- You can roast the jalapenos as well, but you'll get more heat using them raw in the salsa.
- The more you deseed the jalapeno the less heat you get.
- You can use it for your lettuce wrapped fajita tacos
- Thinly sliced radishes also serve as great "chips" for dipping
- Also roasted/fresh tomatoes can be added - tomatoes are allowed on IP 2x/week!
Recipe from here