Pan-roasted asparagus with lemon and garlic
Makes 4 Servings of Pan-roasted Asparagus
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1 pound (1 bunch) fresh asparagus, bottoms trimmed if necessary (I used a 1-cup portion, and it worked fine)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half (I used 1/2 tsp chopped garlic from a jar)
- 1 lemon, juiced (or lemon juice from a bottle)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, on high heat, add the asparagus, olive oil, water, and garlic.
- Cook for about 2 minutes uncovered, or until the water has almost evaporated.
- Toss the asparagus with tongs, cover the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and toss the asparagus again.
- Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. The asparagus may brown slightly in spots, which adds to the pan-roasted flavor.
- Add the lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Remove the garlic, and taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Verdict: Yummy. Keeper.
Recipe from here