- Cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 oz skim milk (from your morning milk allowance)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic (more or less or none at all to taste)
- Optional: 1-2 tsp horseradish
- Optional: White Pepper and Herb Salt (like Mrs Dash or Herbamare)
- Optional: 1/8 to 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Roast cauliflower until cooked at 200-210°C (400°F) for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. You can also boil it, but the taste will not be as rich as roasting. Roasting recommended!
- Add 1 oz nonfat milk to a blender or food processor (the milk you didn't use from your morning coffee.)
- Add in the cauliflour and smash it down with a fork.
- Add sea salt/pepper to taste.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add garlic and horseradish.
- Add other spices as desired. If available, add 1 teaspoon Imitation Butter Flavor.
- Blend until desired consistency. Both creamy and chunky versions are both excellent.
- Add fresh parsley for garnish.
Verdict: It works! A bit less horseradish and a bit more garlic next time, I think.
Recipe from here